Over a thousand years ago, Europe experienced one of its greatest periods of cultural enlightenment. Almost 1000 years of Islamic presence in Spain, Muslims, Jews and Christians lived together and prospered in a thriving multicultural civilization. Here, remarkable individuals of different faiths made lasting contributions in such areas as poetry, art, architecture, music, dining etiquette, science, agriculture, medicine, engineering, navigation, textiles, and even hydraulic technology. The Islamic Heritage tour of Spain takes visitors through an engaging, insightful journey into this critical period in world history. Enjoy and explore the forgotten Islamic civilisation of Spain guided local Spanish Muslims
The package includes: Pick up transfers only but all local transportation, 4* hotels with breakfast, local Spanish Muslim guides and entrance fees to sights of visit and more.
Places of visit include:
- Cordoba: Great Mosque of Cordoba, old Arab and Jewish quarters, The Roman bridge, The Tower of La Calahorra museum, and ruins of the Madinat al Zahra and more.
- Seville: Seville Cathedral (Al-Mohad Mosque), Giralda Tower Museum, and the Alcázar Palace (Al Qasr) and more.
- Granada: Alhambra (fort, palaces & gardens), Albaicin (old Arab Quarter) and New Mosque of Granada and more.
Optional (additional but after main tour):
- Muslim forts in Ronda
- Last Muslim forts in Alpujjara mountains and villages
- Madrid and Barcelona
- Combined option with Morocco
Accompanying scholars: TBC
Your guides: Ibrahim Perez Tello and Ahmad Zaruq Summers
We tailor make our packages to meet our objectives and selectively choose our tour partner in terms of quality and years of service. All our partners are practicing Muslims who have been organising tours for over 10 years. For the Islamic Heritage Tour of Spain, Ibrahim Perez Tello of Al Andalus Guides and Ahmad Zaruq Summers, Al-Andalus Experience are our chosen partners. Both local Spanish natives and converts to Islam providing an authentic and local touch, between them, they have over 30 years of experience. Ibrahim Perez Tello sits on the Alhambra Heritage Board and recognised by the Andalucian Tourist Board of Spain